Your consent is important to us. Rare is a free service for candidates, and if you join Rare, we want to ensure that you understand exactly how and why we may contact you and use your information. Please read this section carefully and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if there is anything you don’t understand.
We usually send out four newsletters each year. They contain information on careers and development programmes, details of opportunities for work experience, internships and relevant news stories, all with our clients.
By applying to Rare we intend to send you newsletters or other communications relating to Rare’s services which we believe may interest you.
We may use data held about you in the following ways:
- to contact you regarding suitable job opportunities with our clients;
- to provide it to our clients (universities and employers) to whom you are applying and with whom you have permitted us to share your personal data;
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to perform research activities (only anonymised data will be used for research purposes);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to notify your school or sixth form college that you have applied to a programme, and to let them know the outcome of that application, if the opportunity was promoted to you by your school or sixth form college.
Other than as outlined above we will not share your data with third parties.
By sending us your application you confirm that the information contained in it is true and accurate. We reserve the right to carry out background checks on you to verify the accuracy of your application and any other information you send to us. By sending us your application you consent to us carrying out such checks. You agree to provide all assistance in carrying out such checks as is required by us to substantiate the information you provide to us, which may include us contacting law enforcement and government agencies.
Should any of the information you provide to us prove to be inaccurate, false or misleading and it is subsequently relied upon by an employer/prospective employer, we reserve the right to report you to any regulatory or supervisory body, relevant to your employment/prospective employment sector (which may prejudice any future job applications you make).